Wow, 10 years. I remember when I was younger wondering what it would be like when we hit the year 2000, and here we are getting ready to roll into 2010.
In the last 10 years,
- I’ve had 2 kids (actually my wife had them, I just… never mind….),
- bought a house,
- changed jobs 6 times,
- lost 2 grandparents,
- lost a brother,
- parted company with some friends,
- gained new friends, some of which are like brothers to me,
- gained a bunch new in-laws and a ton of nieces and nephews,
- watched as we were attacked on our soil and wept at the sight of American’s jumping to their death,
- wondered more than once what the hell was wrong with us as a country,
- looked at other countries and knew what was right about us,
- watched with pride as my children grow up, how proud of them I am even on those days they push my patience to its limits,
- brought 2 dogs into my house, and managed to keep one of them,
- realized I was well on my way to financial ruin if I didn’t make some changes,
- paid off all my debt with the exception of one car and my house without the help of a bailout from anyone,
- remodeled a bathroom,
- taken some fun vacations,
- finally found some hobbies that I really enjoy,
- and managed to not run off my wife in the process of it all (she’s obviously a keeper and must think I am as well).
Some of these events I’ve handled better than others, but I’ve learned something from each of them, but not have they always been fun lessons. Through it all, I feel that God has blessed me very generously. I may not have all that I wanted, but definitely have had all that I needed, and I cannot ask for any more than that.
Anyway, I wish all of you a happy 2010, thanks for stopping by.
Happy New Years!